Access to the primary materials on this site is through moderated registration.
See the registration page for information.
This edition is a work in progress, with letters and other documents being added daily in chronological order. If the letters or materials for the period in which you are interested have not yet been uploaded, please check back later. Thanks for your patience.
- Project Introduction
- Georg Waitz’s Introduction to the Edition of 1871
- Georg Waitz’s Self-Review of the Edition of 1871
- Erich Schmidt’s Introduction to the Edition of 1913
- Editorial Introduction to the Letters
Letters – Volume 1
- I. Göttingen. Clausthal. Marburg: 1778–91
- II. Mainz. Gotha. Braunschweig: 1792–96
- III. Jena. Dresden. Bamberg: 1796–1800. (In progress.)
- Caroline and Wilhelm Schlegel’s Translation of Shakespeare
- Caroline’s Literary Reviews Vol. 1
- Supplementary Appendices Volume 1
Letters – Volume 2
- IV. Braunschweig. Jena: 1800–1803
- V. Murrhardt. Munich. Würzburg: 1803–6
- VI. Munich. Maulbronn: 1806–9
- VII. Epilogue: 1809–12